Monday, May 6, 2019

Student Presents- Little Things That Make Me Smile

Being a teacher can be really exhausting and tiring, but some little things make it absolutely worth it. When students understand a new concept, they laugh at your corny jokes, they come to optional events, and small signs that they really appreciate you. 


In the passing time, I had a student ask how I was. I responded, "Hungry. As always haha."
To my surprise, he came to our class a few minutes later with a salgado for each of us! It was so sweet and unexpected. It gave me the energy for the dance lesson we were doing in class. 
I had this huge cheesy smile on my face. It was so unexpected!


I have another student who is a very proud vegan belly dancer, and she came to the workshop with this small present for me. I saved it for the later part of my day, and ate it during our last class of the day. She watched excitedly to see my reaction. I couldn't figure out what was making the chocolate truffle so sweet, and she was smiling that she had stumped me. I couldn't believe it when she said banana!
I was just so happy to see her at the workshop, and the chocolate was the cherry on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...