Monday, May 6, 2019

Exploring Brasilia- Tourist Adventures

One of my fellow Brasil Fulbright ETAs reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to house his friend for the wedding. J is traveling the world on a fellowship to look at public transportation systems, and Brasilia is well-known for having a pedestrian unfriendly set-up. 

I agreed to house him for the weekend, and so we began that Friday with a walking tour of the downtown city area. This was taken on the second floor of the rodoviaria overlooking the Esplanada dos Minesterios. 


It was my first time going into the green-house garden  portion of the Claudio Santoro National Theater. The top portion of the building was closed off when we went. 


I was easily convinced for a quick round of "monkey see monkey do"


We once again went to the National Congress, but I wore a dress this time and was allowed in all parts of the tour. 


The next day, we ventured out to the Northern portion of the lake to a club house. It cost money to enter the resort, but we renting Stand up paddling boards, which negated the cost. 


We spent an hour Stand up paddle boarding! We went under the bridge towards Pontao do Lago, under the Juscelino Kubitschek bridge, and back around to the club. It started to rain really hard on our way back, and we stopped for a few minutes under the bridge. 



There were a few boat and kayak passerbyers, but it was mostly very cool to ride under the bridge!




J and I became friends after the weekend, and it was awesome to meet another world traveler who wants to make a difference. 


I introduced him to Rogerio and Ian over the weekend, and we spent one night playing Snooker/Pool. 


Rogerio and I were on a team together, and we won both rounds- Dream team!

I love getting to be a tourist in my new city. Every time I go out I find something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...