Monday, May 6, 2019

Santa Maria da Vitoria River Swimming and Bridge

In Santa Maria da Vitoria, Raissa's mom took us to a river beach that is common to visit. It was a well flowing stream river, and lots of people were enjoying it to cool off. I felt really self-conscious because I am glowing white and stuck out like a sore thumb. 


We enjoyed some beer in the shade and chatted for a bit. Amanda, Raissa's mom, and I were the only ones to go swimming in the shallow part. 


Then, we went walking to go find the cliff jumping area. We had walked all the way to the edge part, but found it too full. We headed back to the part closer to the bridge ad watched the boys jump in. The trick was to get a running start and push off of the edge for the deeper water. 


I couldn't decide if I was going to do it, I wanted to- but I was afraid. Finally, Marlow said- if you do it then I'll do it. We walked to the running start area and he counted me down. I think I got a pretty good distance, and I only hit one of my feet on the bottom. It was well worth the adrenaline. 


That night, we went to eat some acai and crepes, and then ventured to the lit bridge. 


It's a pedestrian only bridge, and we climbed up to get a better look. 



Captured a photo with Marlow. 


The bridge from afar was beautiful! I definitely didn't expect to see this in a small Baiano town. 




This was our last adventure before we took the overnight bus back to Brasilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...