Saturday, March 30, 2019

Lunch With the IFB First Year Students

After my first workshop, and before assisting my classes for the day, I went to lunch with some of the first year students that attended my workshop. We went to Delicias do Vovo, which is right across from the campus. I bought a torta de frango and fresh fruit juice for a total of four reais. 
We sat crowded around the table and spoke a mix of English and Portuguese. I've assisted the English 1 class with these students on a few occasions; we've done a mix of them learning through English activities and me attempting the activities in Portuguese. I think we've all shown vulnerability together, and it shows that we're all learners together. 
Last year I connected with the first year students, and this year I have again. Maybe it's a sign (Haha). I'm grateful for once again having students that laugh at my bad jokes and dance moves. 
Bad picture quality, but great quality people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...