Saturday, June 29, 2019

SCAC- Science, Art, and Culture Week at IFB

The Science, Art, and Culture conference week takes up the last week of the fall semester at IFB. Students from all disciplines at our university (Letras Ingles, Geography, and Gastronomy) participate in leading workshops.



I went to the university to watch my 7th semester students perform their Shakespeare Midsummer’s Night Dream skits, which they had presented as a final project in class and then brought to the stage for the conference as well. The premise was to condense each act into a scene of 3 minutes. They all had it memorized, with the old English and all. I was impressed. 











I then participated in some of my students’ presentation where they did a battle of the kingdoms poetry recital. We were divided into 4 "kingdoms" and we only had ten minutes to create a presentation of our assigned Langston Hughes poem. I was with a group of one professor and 4 guy students, and we did our best to add movements , individual lines, and group chanting. 




Finally, I went up to my room to prepare for my presentation on Art Inclusion in Teaching English. I had about 5 letras students and 2 geography students come. We didn’t get through all of the material, but they seemed to get some use of the new vocabulary with art materials and verbs, and shapes. We did a rendition of drawing Simon Says and Pictionary. They really enjoyed the pictionary game.



Lastly, some of the students used a workshop time to jam with their band! It was awesome watching some of my students come out of their shell to rock and play. 





4 comments:


  1. When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.
    Please visit our website and play exciting flash games.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Hiking Gear

    ReplyDelete


  2. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.

    Types of Fishing

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing
    Outdoor Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills. All this time later, I've found it love the end result. ""Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - outdoor activitie camping habits outdoor activitie
    "

    ReplyDelete

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...