Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Book Fair Downtown- Cidade da Leitura

Downtown Brasilia was hosting a big free big book fair event, and of course I was intrigued and wanted to go walk around it. Before going to the fair, I took the metro to the Central stop and went to the permanent fair shops by the observation tower. I met up with a student friend Dennys there and and he joined me as I looked for some souvenirs and a gift for a gift swap. I found some postcards, magnets, and earrings, and other goodies. From there, we stopped by the Brasilia sign, because you can never get too many Brasilia sign photos. We walked to the National Museum where the event was being held. It was huge! There were big metal tents in large sections, and the tunnels of books seemed endless. They had dancing, music, poetry reading, and rows upon rows of books. Some books were at a pretty good discount of 10 reais, but I didn’t buy any. It was enjoyable to be in the atmosphere of bookworms, and it was worth the trek out to see the enormity of the event.


Dennys and me cheesin' in front of the sign

I'll work on my jump for next time!


There are several buildings with shops set up, and the only place downtown I've found to buy souvenirs. 

Right beside it is the soccer stadium 

The entrance to the book fair was grandiose and a huge book tunnel 


Captured behind is another family enjoying the day. Opps!

In the main front entrance they hung artwork along the walls

There also seemed to be a just dance style group rocking out to some K-pop music


Inside were the endless rows of books

A lot of the stands were organized or themed- such as children novels or academic literature 


One man was doing a live reading and performance 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...