Saturday, June 29, 2019

Festival do Japão em Brasília

On my first day of vacation, I went to the Japan Festival (Festival do Japão) with my student Andre and his friend Daniela. They drove, so it was easy to get to pavilhão, which would have taken at least 30 minutes walking from the metro. We met up with another student there, Pedro. This was the only free day of the festival, but they were also still setting up and it was half assembled. We walked through the many art tents, I bought some Poky to share with the group, we watched pageant members practicing on a stage, and we passed by lots of amazingly good smelling good vendors. I also got a really bad massage for the equivalent of $7 usd for 15 minutes… was not worth it. Sad story. Overall, it was good to get to see what the experience was, since it is the largest Japanese festival in Brasilia, and Brasil has a decent Japanese population. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...