Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Oreintation Week!

Four days filled with intensive training on- cultural shock, safety, the Brazilian history, dance lessons, and the side exploration of a samba bar, of course to practice our new dance skills. Although the information portions should have been the most memorable, of course it was my Parana family dinner at an Arab restaurant, my first time eating that style food, and the dance lessons. It was crazy to squish 120 Fulbright fellows into the top floor ballroom to learn Forro, Salsa, Samba, and Bachata. That night, Jake, Kathryn and I attempted to go to the Skye bar, with one of the best views in the city, but it was closed due to the rain. We made due, and ended up heading to the samba bar, where I tried to learn the difference between a caipirinha and cachaça from a local. Spoiler- I still don’t understand. Afterwards, Mundo Pensate was filled with a bunch of Gringos that couldn’t dance, but we all enjoyed our last night out together before separating to our host cities. The morning we were all departing, Jake and I found a convenience store that sold Tim Tams (YES! The Australian Tim Tams that I fell in love with while studying abroad!!) and I had to buy some to share. It was a glorious moment then followed by the sadness of realizing that I needed to part ways from my travel buddies and new friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...