Saturday, March 10, 2018

Cultural Experiences Hit You When You Least Expect Them- Downtown Band

As Mario and I traversed through Centro today, we heard drums coming towards our store and getting louder. I was frustrated and tired while waiting for the Vivo employee to try and figure out how to set me up on a plan. By this time, it was about an hour and twenty minutes into waiting at the desk as she silently worked, and I was getting cranky. We heard the drums coming down the street and went out to adventure and here the source. The mixture of dancing and drum playing from these men and women was beautiful. They kept so in sync and they mixed in Bachata dancing as the beats began. Although I wasn’t happy to be waiting in a phone store, I don’t think I would have seen this moment without it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...