Thursday, February 22, 2018

Airport Excitement

I'm sitting in an airport leather seat, of course next to an outlet that I claimed, and feeling nervous. On the drive to the airport I was shaking, and it really started to hit. I was surprised that I held back tears, unlike when I cried while leaving for New Zealand. I waved goodbye to my mother and step dad, and breezed through security in about fifteen minutes. International flights require you to be there about two hours early, which I take seriously, but also means that I'm the only one sitting in our terminal section. After finally figuring out how to successfully connect to the Wi-Fi, I'm now a happy duckling about to enjoy some preflight Office. For those who don't know, I started watched the show The Office for the first time through about a month and a half about. I'm now only a few episodes away from finishing it, and I've been dragging it out. I'm debating grabbing a glass of wine as I wait, but part of me knows that then I'll really never sleep on the flight, or it will make me sleepy before the flight. Ironically, my flight includes two hours from Philadelphia to Toronto, and then then hours from Canada down to Brazil. Sao Paulo Brazil has a three hour time difference, and I'll make it just about lunch time. My plan is to Uber straight to Vila Madalena and meet up with my Fulbright travel buddy, who landed in Brazil this morning. So far my flight is on time, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...