Friday, April 27, 2018

10 Km Run Success!

After weeks of preparing for the 10 Km race, the weekend finally arrived. I picked up Kathryn from the airport at 6 am that Saturday, and we ventured out into the North zone of the city to pick up our race bags. The bus deviated from its google maps route, so we left the bus early... only to see it pass by us as we walked the extra 6 blocks and additional 10 blocks to the pick up location- an elevator company shop. 
Either way, the next morning came and we arrives at Lago Igapo around 7:15 am to pick up our chips. The race was down streets I had never run, with a lot more hills than I expected (but that's Londrina for you). It was a rough race, especially with my hurt knee, but I only had to walk two or three times. 
I was really happy with my finishing time of 57 minutes and placing 2nd place in my category and 9th place for all female runners in the 10 km race. This race definitely motivated me to look into more races in Brasil!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...