Sunday, September 1, 2019

Three Months Until My Last Day

A short insight into some thoughts on what marks exactly three months until my last day of my Fulbright grant:
I got home from buying materials in town and tried to be productive by planning my conversation club for tomorrow and working on the short answer and essay portion of the Mitchell App. It’s kicking my butt. The Mitchell Fellowship you ca't get any help on your application, and it feels like I'm going into this blind. I got a draft down though. I got my time for the conference on August 28th, the Conecta IFB one that I present in Portuguese. We were notified by the IFB coodrinator of the event that she would like my co-worker and I to take part in an event. It will be a round table discussion 9:30-10:30 am about study abroad and international experiences. Let me repeat- in Portuguese. I've never presented in Portuguese before. We also found out a few days ago that we will then have a diplomatic meeting the same day shortly after with Secretary Casagrande. Busy busy day. Lots of upcoming events to juggle along with fellowship application and everyday teaching and planning. Today marks exactly 3 months until my last day of my grant. I'm not sure how I feel to be ending two years in Brasil. Nervous (no plans yet for when I return), relieved (to speak and think in English again), excited (to see my family), and sad (to be leaving this beautiful country, cultural, and people) I supposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...