Monday, August 12, 2019

O Maior São João Do Cerrado

I met with Amanda and her roommate Isabel and then two of my student friends Wemerson and Paulo and we went to O Maior São João Do Cerrado Northeast Festival in Ceilândia. It was a lot larger than I expected and by about 11 pm when we were leaving there were at least 50,000 plus people there. When you first walked in there were hanging flags and a small house village of shops set up. Then, you walked into a maze of food vendors selling- hot dogs, burgers, acaraje, arroz carteira, yakisoba, canjica, and alcoholic drinks out of pineapples. I ended up buying Paulo and me a hotdog, because I’m obsessed with Brasilian hotdogs, and it had batata palha, cheese, ham, sauces, and other goodies. Paulo helped me open the ketchup packets, because we all know I suck at that and normally spray them all over myself. Then we walked through the rollercoaster portion, and Paulo convinced me into my desire to ride the Kamikaze ride, which is the swinging upside down carts. Amanda and I each bought the 4 for 20 reais ticket deal. The kamikaze ride was insane and luckily it didn’t hold us upside down at the top, like it did for prior riders. Amanda and I ended up giving most of our tickets to our friends to ride new rides, since we have the rides more easily accessible in the US, and one of the friends had never been on the rides. It was great seeing their reactions to the rides! Paulo went a little crazy with bumper cars and his maniacal look said it all. Next, we went back to the concert area, which was a huge concert set up, and watched the Henrique and Ruan set. There was a song or two that I actually recognized the chorus and could sing along (faking my way along I mean). We stayed halfway through the set and ended up heading out about 10:30 pm to call the ubers, and everyone made it home safely by midnight.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...