Monday, January 15, 2018

The Packing Has Begun


One month and one week until I board my plane for Sao Paulo. To say I’m excited is an understatement, but it’s also mixed with nervousness and apprehension. It really kicked in mentally yesterday that I need to harder on my Portuguese, which was followed by a long afternoon session of watching The Office while copying down Portuguese phrase and verb translations. Everyone says that immersion is one of the best ways to learn the language, and I hope they are right. Swapping from Spanish to Portuguese has been a lot more of a challenge than I expected, especially with the verb conjugations.

Meanwhile, I’ve begun my packing pile, and I’m putting aside items that I know I will want for my adventures. I booked my flights through AirCanada, which allow for me to bring TWO seventy pound bags without any fees! This may seem like a lot, but it’s also going to hold everything I want to bring for nine months of living and teaching materials. I’ve heard from some of the alumni that one of the key elements, really for anywhere that you are traveling, is to bring lots of deodorant. I’m not sure if it will be like when I was in New Zealand and they had spray deodorant, but I’m not making that mistake again!

Since it’s a long holiday weekend, I decided to take some time to try and figure out my knock off GroPro and its gadgets. I ended up scoring an awesome deal on the camera, a waterproof case, a bike mount, and a helmet mount during the holiday sales. Messing around with the accessories makes me SO excited to try them out in the ocean and on a bike ride. I’m hoping to spend my few days between arriving in Brazil and the start of orientation in Santos on the beach and exploring the city.

PS. Yes, that is a picture of my beautiful soon to be home, Londrina, on my computer. Looking up photos of the lake, botanical gardens, and such in town are making me even more excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presenting At ConectaIFB, Diplomatic Meeting, and EdUSA Fair

Such a big and tiring day. Amanda (my co-worker) and I met up with professor Fabricio at the metro station at 9 am, and because of traffic w...